Comfort. Peace of Mind. Security.
Older adults overwhelmingly prefer to remain living in the homes they love for a lifetime. Yet for a senior who lives alone, there may be safety concerns to consider. Our live-in care services provide the perfect solution: a caregiving companion to reside in the home with the senior, while maximizing freedom and independence.
Benefits of Live-in Care
Live-in care allows seniors to:
- Maintain routines and schedules, minimizing changes and disruptions
- Receive personalized, one-on-one care, according to their own needs and preferences
- Have a companion on hand who feels like family, alleviating loneliness and boredom
It also provides relief and peace of mind to family members, knowing the senior they love has a trained, caring professional and is never alone.
How a Live-in Caregiver Can Help
Our live-in caregivers provide the same wide range of services as our hourly caregivers, such as:
- Planning/preparing healthy, appetizing meals
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Running errands, such as grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, etc.
- Accompanied transportation to medical appointments, enjoyable outings, get-togethers with friends and family, and more
- Companionship for conversations, hobbies/interests, exercise, games, etc.
- Personal care support for safe bathing/showering, dressing, etc.
- Medication reminders
- Specialty care for chronic health conditions like dementia, Parkinson’s, COPD, diabetes, and more
- Hospital-to-home transitional care
- Fall prevention
- Compassionate hospice care
- And more
How It Works
We will first meet with you for a free in-home consultation to discuss the challenges your family member is facing, and put together a customized plan of care to outline how we will help overcome them. We will then carefully select just the right caregiver based on the senior’s personality, interests, and more. For instance, some seniors may be very outgoing and talkative, while others prefer more quiet time. One person may love baking and going outside for long walks with the dog, while another enjoys curling up with a good book and a cat on her lap. We take all of these aspects of a person’s life into consideration to find the most compatible caregiver for a strong and lasting bond.
Northwest Guided Home Care is fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and all of our caregivers are background-checked, fully trained, and experienced in caring for older adults at home. We are passionate about making sure life is the very best it can be for each person we serve, with care that feels like family.
Our live-in caregivers will need a private bedroom, as well as a designated 8-hour period for sleep. The caregiver can share meals with the senior if desired. The senior maintains control over what activities to engage in throughout the day, when and what to eat, and all of the other small but significant decisions that promote independence and self-reliance.
There is an alternative to nursing home care! Our live-in care improves safety, comfort, and enjoyment in life, right in the comfort and familiarity of home.
Find out more about our live in care and respite care in Bellevue and the surrounding areas and how it can benefit someone you love. Contact us any time at (800) 755-7102 or through our online contact form to schedule your free in-home consultation today!