Helping Seniors Thrive at Home with Specialized Care
An overwhelming majority of older adults are living with a chronic health condition – as many as 85%, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with 60% living with two or more. This includes diagnoses such as:
- Heart disease
- Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- Parkinson’s disease
- And more
Managing conditions such as these can be extremely challenging, with all of the required medical appointments, tests, procedures, medications, lifestyle changes, etc. Many families may believe the only viable option for a senior with chronic health needs is nursing home or assisted living care, but there is another alternative that is preferred by most older adults: continuing to live at home with the support of in-home care.
At Northwest Guided Home Care, our trained, experienced, and dedicated caregivers are available to help make home a reality for those with chronic health conditions, through personalized services such as:
- Planning and preparing healthy meals in accordance with any prescribed dietary needs
- Transportation and accompaniment to medical appointments and procedures, and anywhere else a senior needs or wishes to go
- Medication reminders
- Motivation and encouragement to stay physically active, according to doctors’ recommendations
- Errand-running to pick up prescriptions, groceries, etc.
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Help with personal care needs for safe baths/showers, dressing, etc.
- Transitional care from hospital to home
- Companionship for socialization and to maximize cognitive functioning
- Fall prevention
- And many others
It’s extremely important for those with one or more chronic health diagnoses to follow doctors’ orders, and to monitor and report any changes in condition, reactions to medications, or other complications on an ongoing basis. Having a consistent care partner means an extra set of eyes and ears to pick up on any concerns so they can be addressed immediately.
A caregiver also provides the emotional support that’s crucial to a person’s quality of life and wellbeing. Our care experts are skilled in helping seniors truly thrive and enjoy life to the fullest. We meet seniors where they are, engaging in the pastimes that bring the most enjoyment and bringing smiles and laughter to each day.
Fully insured, bonded, and background-checked for your peace of mind, our caregivers are the perfect solution to a variety of challenges inherent with battling chronic health needs. Contact us any time at (800) 755-7102 to discover the difference a trusted care partner can make for a senior you love through customized in-home care services in Seattle and the greater King County, WA area.